Friday, January 14, 2011

Superstition Farm

All week we had been practicing "What does a cow say?" "Mooo!" - to no avail. But I couldn't help it - I was so excited to take Liberty to a local dairy farm 9 minutes from our house. Superstition Farms is a family owned, hands on, fun farm. We skipped the hay ride/dairy tour and the "milk bar" samples to instead focus on the petting zoo. My girlfriend Chelsea (supermom with Ella and baby Jack) came too and we fed baby goats, a sheep, cows and a horse. There was also chickens, roosters and a donkey. Liberty and I liked the bunny and the baby cows the best. A calf was born when we were there but we didn't take the hayride out to see it (next time!). Even though hand feeding farm animals is not my cup of tea, I enjoyed having lunch there and watching Liberty squeal with delight and want to touch every animal. We'll go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment