Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

This was our first Thanksgiving celebrating with only one of our families...and in a new city. As our family grows and moves locations we are trying to adjust into an alternating holiday thing...which is a big CHANGE for us having been spoiled with both sets of parents in the same town for so long. So this year we had our Thanksgiving meal with the Wheelers in Fountain Hills. The morning of Thanksgiving we went to the Fountain Hills local parade (the only Thanksgiving Day parade in Arizona!) and then we hung out until the big meal at 2pm. Charlie and Liberty napped during the meal so the grownups could sip Asti in peace. We got to speak to Patrick via phone. All the Black Friday Deals went LIVE online on Thanksgiving day, so I shopped via the computer too (and yes I feel bonding with family and shopping can co-exist). Friday, I spent a birthday gift card at Ann Taylor Loft (thanks mom!) while Cam and Liberty did the San Tan playground area. Cameron and I met up with some brand new friends (and their 15 month old) from our neighborhood at the Motor Trend Auto Show at the PHX convention center. We aren't in the market for a new car just yet, but we're pretty sure my Pacifica will die within the next year or two. Saturday, I hosted a baby shower for my sister at my mom's house. Nineteen family & friends gathered to see 33 week pregnant Kelly and her baby girl. The guys went out boating on Saguaro lake. Later that evening my mom babysat Liberty so we could go to a game night with our cool next door neighbors! Sunday, Cameron did some brutal chores (drip irrigation ditch digging anyone?) and then we relaxed and set up our Christmas Tree after an interesting Mass at St. Tims (new translation of the Mass). Hopefully I'll look back at this post next year and think - 2011 was a year of changes...but change can be good.



My cute pregnant sista:
From Kelly's Shower

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe what a busy weekend you had and what fun it sounded. I hope you had a great birthday:)How perfect the kids were sleeping so you could eat in peace! :)

    ReplyDelete