Thursday, January 10, 2013

Henry is 1 MONTH!

Highs: There is nothing like a sleeping newborn on your chest. He is super cute. Cuter than I expected. lol. Liberty loves Henry WAY more than I thought was possible. She tries to soothe him, is sooo gentle and lovingly touches him, invites him to do things like lay on his playmat or do tummy time, brings him toys/blankets, tries to problem solve his fussiness ("maybe he has a blue line on his diaper mommy? I can go get a clean fresh diaper for him! Maybe he needs his binky? A bottle? Mommy, he needs a grown up to hold him! Henry, go back to sleep buddy boy.") I didn't think she'd be so PROUD to have a baby brother - telling strangers his full name "Henry James Wyatt" and all the things he does.

Lows: He doesn't cry at night but the sleep stretches are still short - 2.5 hours usually. But they are increasing and we are getting more like 4 hour stretches now, with the occasional 5 and ONCE 6 hour. I have hope more sleep is on the horizon soon. And, it is really hard to get out of the house with 2 kids. I knew this was going to be the case, but between getting 3 people dressed (and fed would be nice too), making sure a diaperbag has everything we may need, making a bottle to take, and remembering a jacket for Libs...it takes like 30 mins to prep and pack up...so no quick runs to Target, the Coffee Shop or even the park. We are inside a lot. I also do not like Winter.

A few notes to remember about my baby boy... (for my own memory really, sorry if TMI)

 ...you are not a sleeping champion like your sister was...yet.
...you are big. 9 lbs 2oz at birth - 11 lbs 5oz at 1 month! (Libs was 10 4) and 22.75 inches long (Libs was 23). So we have another 95%er in the works.
 ...your mommy didn't have enough milk to keep breast feeding but I tried for a month.
 ...you hated one boob and loved the other (it really was quite funny).
 ...you like to have your head and face touched.
...you have awesome wizard eyebrows.
 ...you hate to have wet diapers. We go through diapers like crazy.
 ...you smiled early and smile often.
...your big sister has been nothing but nice to you. This may change, but I think it's a small miracle that she has done nothing but love on you for 30+days straight. She also likes to call you "buddy boy" and "Henry my baby".

Photoshoot when I remembered Henry turned 1 month a few days ago and I better take a picture!

1 comment:

  1. Oh he looks like a little Cameron! Let me know when you'll be up for some visitors. I'd love to chat!

    ReplyDelete